Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pictures, and an observation.

I'm sick of uploading pictures individually to every post, like I did in the last blog, so I'm making a web album on Google. Here's pictures from the first three days. Enjoy.

Tonight, the MESP director took eight of us out to eat. We walked about a mile to a superb, dirt-cheap American-style restaurant - ohhhh, so good. But on the way there, I was talking to another student who I hadn't gotten a chance to know yet. (Everyone here is purposefully trying to get to know everybody else - it's great.) This kid is very smart, very savvy. Reads Tolstoy for fun, that kind of guy. He's a political studies major like me, so we started talking about the election. He said he was leaning towards McCain, but "if McCain picks someone like Mitt Romney to be his VP, I'm not voting for him."

Joel: "Dude, he picked somebody two days ago."
Dude: "Really?"
Joel: "Yeah - the woman governor of Alaska."
Dude: "Really? I hadn't heard that."
Joel: "Isn't this awesome!!!"

Enjoy two more months of campaign commercials! I'll be here, barely watching or reading American news at all!!!

No comments: