Monday, September 22, 2008

Pictures from Alexandria

Are here: http://picasaweb.google.com/joel.veldkamp/Alexandria#

I'm way too tired to write right now - sorry. Some other time. But feel free to e-mail me if you like.

Also, just so you know, I'm not among the 11 tourists that were kidnapped and held for ransom in Upper Egypt today. And please don't worry - this kind of thing is very rare in Egypt, and like I said before, everywhere we travel in the countryside we take a semiautomatic pistol-wielding guard with us.

To put things in perspective: how many cities with 20 million people would you feel comfortable walking around in at 11:00 at night? Because I do that all the time here. Cairo is incredibly safe for its size.

I know you. Yeah, you. You worrier. Just relax.

Ramadan kareem!

No comments: